Welcome to the Faroe Islands
(Updated 24 August 2020)
All travellers are urged to stay up to date on the situation in the Faroe Islands.
In addition to reading and understanding the information provided here, all travellers will recieve a pamphlet upon arrival stating the guidelines for travellers.
It is important that you take the time to read this pamphlet carefully (below):
IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING FROM AN OPEN COUNTRY YOU NEED TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS
- After you are tested upon arrival to the Faroe Islands, go directly to your place of residence and self-quarantine until your test result is available (next morning).
- Take particular care on the journey from the airport or the ferry terminal to your place of residence.
- It is strongly recommended that you get tested on the 6th day after arrival. This test is free of charge at the hospital test center.
- Until the test result for the 6th day is available, you need to be particularly cautious and maintain the recommended personal distance of 1 to 2 meters, have good hygiene, use hand sanitizer and do not attend large gatherings.
- Be particularly aware of symptoms. If you experience symptoms, you should self-isolate and get tested as soon as possible.
- Avoid all places where it is difficult to maintain a personal distance
IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING FROM A BANNED COUNTRY YOU MUST NOW GO INTO SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS
- After testing upon arrival, go directly to your place of residence and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Take particular care on the journey to your place of residence.
- Stay at home; this can be together with your family.
- Do not receive visitors from outside.
- If you have to work, do so from home.
- You may go for a drive in your own car and take a nature walk, but only where you will not come into contact with other people. You should avoid all places where there are other people.
- Also remember to maintain personal distance and good hygiene at home with your family.
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE TESTED
- If you have symptoms you can call:
- Your local GP during consultation hours from 08:00–16:00 on weekdays.
- The after-hours GP service on 1870 from 16:00–08:00, as well as weekends and public holidays.
- The Corona hotline on tel. +298 30 40 40 Monday–Friday from 10:00–15:00.
- Further information about symptoms can be found here.
The Faroe Islands have successfully reduced the spread of COVID-19, and we wish to keep it this way.
Our society is small and vulnerable. It is therefore crucial that we continue to take the greatest possible
care to prevent the spread of infection.