Get tested before and after travelling
Updated 1st September 2021
- Test up to 48 hours before departure to the Faroe Islands
- Test two days after arrival to Faroe Islands
- Travellers are encouraged to avoid large crowds and to be extra careful until the result from their second day test is available
The Faroe Islands have successfully reduced the spread of COVID-19, and we wish to keep it that way. Our society is small and vulnerable. It is therefore crucial that we continue to take the greatest possible care to prevent the spread of infection.
- Remember to maintain a physical distance from others.
- Maintain rigorous hand hygiene, washing your hands thoroughly and often. Use sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm – not your hands.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugging and kissing.
- Maintain strict hygiene both at home and at work.
- Take particular care in places where many people are around.
- Remember that anyone can carry the infection and pass it on to others, even if you have no symptoms yourself.
- Pay attention to any symptoms of illness that could indicate a corona infection, such as fever and coughing, and stay at home if in any doubt.